Sunday 15 January 2012

Prayer and Faith

Every single day, I know somebody is out there praying. It doesn't matter what the time is, or the language. It could be about world politics, a family member with cancer, a couple wanting a baby or even just a guy praying for right questions in his exams, even if he doesn't believe in God. But how much faith do we actually have that these prayers will be answered?

I know sometimes I don't. It's always frustrating when you know somebody, probably that girl who goes to church, who always has amazing stories about how God answers her prayers. She isn't there to brag or boast, but it feels like it. So we start to feel jealousy, maybe even resentment. Why does God favour her, but not me?

Well my reply to you is this: When was the last time that you honestly trusted that God would hear and answer you? Somebody once told me, "Expectancy is the catalyst for prayers." When we pray and act as though what we're praying will/has happened, we are stepping out in faith that God will answer.

It doesn't have to be a big thing. What you pray doesn't have to change. But your attitude to what your pray does matter. Only you can make that active choice to believe in the words that you pray.

I know it can be a struggle sometimes. I know having faith in the impossible to happen is difficult. And I know how exposed a person can feel. And I know how much it hurts when things don't happen the way you prayed for them to happen. But in the end, I know it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment