Friday 15 July 2011

Life Shapes

Life shapes are just things I find helpful to apply to my everyday life. It's something that my church teaches, and something I find quite helpful. What I find particularly helpful, is using these shapes to talk to other Christians about my things in our lives. For me, it has become a lot easier to describe what I'm going through. Each of the shapes has a scriptural backing, and these are quite easy to find in the Bible. Over the next few posts, I plan to go through first five in more detail. This post is just supposed to give a short overview of them.

The first life shape is the circle for continuous breakthrough. I find that this is the shape that I use most often as the applications are limitless. The circle is a continuous cycle where one can look their current situation, and see how to get breakthrough in an area that one finds difficult.

The next life shape is the semi-circle of fruitful living. This shape is useful to understand the rhythm of life, and balance work and rest works in our lives.

The triangle of deeper relationships is the third life shape. As the name suggests, it looks at the deeper relationships we hold in life ie, the one with other Christians, the one with people who aren't Christians, and the one we hold with God/ Jesus/ Holy Spirit.

The square of multiplying life is all about starting new things. This shape looks at how Jesus called his first disciples from the start to being sent out, and how we can replicate this model. I mainly use this shape to look at cell groups (home groups) or cluster groups (bigger versions of cell groups), but it can be applied to other things, such as starting a new activity.

The last shape that I will describe is the pentagon of personal calling. This model is all about identity, and how you and I fit into the body of Christ. It also shows how the separate parts of the body work together. I often refer to this model as the five fold ministry, which will make more sense later.

No comments:

Post a Comment